New month, new beginnings…
So, looking back over August and forwards to September. I am…
- PROUD OF – 1) My self-discovery journey & pill popping (pills that I actually need) is on point! 2) I’m also proud of my volunteering; actually going for it and turning up 3) For actually going out with friends, AT NIGHT. Woohoo! ‘Tis been a while since that one 4) Last, but not least, speaking to the stepfather & setting boundaries (I did the full explain action and how it makes me feel & request a different behaviour. Eek). Bravo Miss Hazy, bravo.
- GRATEFUL FOR – My mothership, beloved friends, connecting with new, amazing & inspiring peeps. My cosy hiding zen den. Lastly, feeling less irritable this month, YES!
- LETTING GO OF – The past….or at least coming to terms with it and slowly letting go
- OBSESSED WITH – Creating a peaceful hiding space, writing, sharing & instagramming; its been a great platform & outlet for me.
- EXCITED ABOUT – Autumn colours. It’s the little things, eh?! And I’m also excited about Next year, yes I’m a little early but who cares?!
- COMMITTING TO – Me, myself & I!
- SEPTEMBER’S MANTRA – Always remember and live by my VALUES & Set healthy BOUNDARIES
Some important questions:
- WHAT WERE LAST MONTH’S WINS? – Standing up for myself & setting boundaries. Also, completing two days of volunteering, and actually managing to not let my emotions & the voices take control of me, but managing to stop to actually check in with myself; “is this role good for me? Is this healthy? Is this in line with my values? Am I prioritising self-care?” Rather than pushing on even though it’d be doing more harm than good. Oh and adding an item that is YELLOW to my every day routine 😉
- HOW DID THE MONTH, OVERALL, MAKE YOU FEEL? – Empowered but also vulnerable.
- WHAT IS LEFTOVER FROM LAST MONTH THAT IS LINGERING AND JUST NEEDS TO GET DONE? – Let go of guilt of feeling lethargic but do try to exercise, dietitian set 10 minutes of exercise a week, with an increase of 10 minutes each week. I have done well so far; I have been walking more, but I would like to now try and increase this to 30 minutes 2x or 3x per week.
- WHAT DID YOU PLAN TO DO THAT YOU JUST NEED TO LET GO OF? – Yoga every damn day, I need to stop putting myself down for not being able to do this every day. I need to work on self-acceptance when it comes to this and remember to do it as & when I can, and not push too hard or it will backfire and end badly, as it has done in the past.
- SUMMARISE THE MONTH OVERALL – Slow but good progress again, it was necessary to keep reminding myself to be patient often; I need to work on this. I need to Be kind & Take care. I have been sticking to my values, it’s now automatic for me to think “is this in line with my values?” and to try to set healthy boundaries. Not easy, but I’m getting there and did it a few times this month. Hurrah!
- Check moon dates, cleanse & recharge my healing stones
- Try to go to at least one meditation night at the Buddhist Temple
- Practice yoga 45 minutes a week to start off with (try to do 15 minutes over 3x days to start off my yoga routine again)
- Exercise 30 minutes, 3x times a week
- Keep writing; dable with some poetry writing. I looked last month and I’m not quite ready to go for a full on writing course yet, so practice patience & try again in the near future.
- Look at other volunteering opportunities (Check dog grooming and/or dog walking)
- Take care – recharge & remember that you have lots of plans for October, so take it easy this month
Thirteen things I must do:
- Practice gratitude every day
- Practice radical forgiveness (of not only others but also yourself!)
- Focus on the present moment
- Do something that makes you happy
- Stick to a schedule filled with happy breaks
- Write down your goals
- Avoid negative self-talk
- Have positive mantras to boost mood
- Go outside (even if just sitting in the garden for a few minutes)
- Buy a plant
- Look at something YELLOW!
- Avoid negative relationships & be a good friend
- Get a little sweaty
I only recently started doing monthly reflections but I’ve already seen the benefits of doing this. I’m starting to think in terms of days & months rather than years ahead; I’m finding it easier to take one day at a time, and I’m setting aims for the month ahead, rather than plan my whole life. I’m not in a position to plan too much right now, and to be honest it’s an unhealthy habit. Go with the flow, surf those waves. Take it easy. Take care. Trust the process. Things are falling into place, I am where I need to be right now.
Happy September lovelies!
Sending good vibes all around x