New month, new beginnings…
First of all I need to thank Laura Jane Williams (superlatively rude) and Jackie Wolven (A Goal Check in and Monthly Reflection Questions) for inspiring me to do my own monthly reflections. I have found this to be an amazing, useful & positive activity. It helps me take note of my little & big victories, and see that actually, I’m doing okay; not as much of a fuck up as I think I am after all.
So, looking back over July and forwards to August. I am…
- PROUD OF – Completing my Personal Independence Payment (PIP) appeal! Hurrah!
- GRATEFUL FOR – Anna (my beloved therapist), my mothership & my girls. I wouldn’t be here without them. Honestly.
- LETTING GO OF – Toxic relationships
- OBSESSED WITH – My values & sharing! (My story, mainly!)
- EXCITED ABOUT – My Yoga journey. It’ll be slow because I need to keep it slow for now, but it’s a new beginning that I am very excited about
- COMMITTING TO – Me, myself & I!
- AUGUST’S MANTRA – Always remember and live by my VALUES & Set BOUNDARIES
Some important questions:
- WHAT WERE LAST MONTH’S WINS? – Spending time with friends! Finished reading ‘Becoming’
- HOW DID THE MONTH, OVERALL, MAKE YOU FEEL? – Empowered, nostalgic & hopeful.
- WHAT IS LEFTOVER FROM LAST MONTH THAT IS LINGERING AND JUST NEEDS TO GET DONE? – Yoga & gym time!
- WHAT DID YOU PLAN TO DO THAT YOU JUST NEED TO LET GO OF? – Call ESA. It’s near enough impossible to get through to anyone over there, and it’s draining me to keep trying. Just let it go for now, trust the process and be patient. Let’s see what happens over the next few weeks.
- SUMMARISE THE MONTH OVERALL – A life changing month, especially in terms of self-discovery, self-love & self-care. When things are good, they are awesome! There are pros to having Borderline Personality Disorder & being a sensitive badass. Don’t change for ANYONE!
- Learn more about moonlight & healing stones
- Try to go to at least one meditation night at the Buddhist Temple
- Return to regular Yoga practice
- Look more into writing courses (including poetry writing)
- Learn/research more into the art of ‘Tarot’
Thirteen things I must do:
- Practice gratitude every day
- Practice radical forgiveness (of not only others but also yourself!)
- Focus on the present moment
- Do something that makes you happy
- Stick to a schedule filled with happy breaks
- Write down your goals
- Avoid negative self-talk
- Have positive mantras to boost mood
- Go outside (even if just sitting in the garden for a few minutes)
- Buy a plant
- Look at something YELLOW!
- Avoid negative relationships & be a good friend
- Get a little sweaty
I highly recommend doing monthly reflections to everyone. ‘Tis awesome!
Happy Monday lovelies!
Sending good vibes all around x